Nov 27, 2006

Here are some sexy fotos for ya!

On Sunday 26th November, 2006, i once again took part in my town's 49th Annual Kachin-sai Sumo Tournament, sumo diaper and all. I heard some of the locals telling me before i was too inebriated after the tourny that it was held to comemorate a tragic fire that tore through Monobe Village about 50 years ago....... so there you go. Anyways, the tournament includes anyone who can get a team together of three or more. They range from my Junior High school to the staff from my town office and the fire brigade. i saw many old faces from last year and also brought a bit of internationalisation to my town by inviting an american friend of mine, Charles who wanted to give it a go. We got my JTE's husband involved in the team too and called ourselves the International Relations Team (国際交流チーム). All week, i had been dreading wearing a mawashi (sumo diaper thing) but somehow wasnt embarassed as much as last year and managed to have a good time. But i think the fact that having a 193cm tall American with me helped that....hehe... cheers Charles. I was in more matches than last year which means that I did better than last year but still didnt break my more than 2 win record from last year. anyways here are some pics for ur amusement. prepare for some of the most sexy fotos in the world. just remember it was really cold out there. hehehe. honest!

Note: this is how sumo is supposed to look.

And here are the champions! The guy on the far left is a 2nd year senior high student and he came first in the Individual category and then continuing from the left is my Junior High Schools team with Mitsuki (3rd year), my Deputy Principal Taniuchi Sensei, and one of my 1st years, Yoshiki. They won the group tournament which is awesome to say the least.

And here's my team with Charles, myself and Tamura (my JTE's husband). dont laugh....hehe

here is Tamura in action. he was quite an asset to have in our team, having at least gone to practise once before turning up.

and here the secret weapon. Charles did really well and my plan of intimidating our opponents worked to some extent.

theres urs truly and my best side

or is it this one? i forget

and then heres a picture of me stacking it yet again and losing a match. sorry team.

my deputy principal did awesome for his first go at sumo but hurt his arm toward the end and couldnt compete. he looked buggered all tournament. and hes the PE teacher at my school

the winner of the invidual tourny. unfortunately charles had the fortune of going up against him on his last match before we got kicked out of the competition.

Before the closing ceremony they got Charles and i up on stage to do a MUSUBI which thankfully wasnt a proper match but we had to do everything up to our first contact with each other. they then, to both of our surprise thanked us for coming and presented us with 5000yen each! BACK OF THE NET!!



i cant kneel well

im pretty sure i wouldve lost that match if it went any further

all in all it i had i great time. it wasnt as embarassing as i thought itd be and will cherish this experience for a long time. that, and the fact that all participants got 4000yen for turning up and join in on the contest. 9000yen to wear a sumo diaper, now thats a good incentive. drinks on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home